httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jordan Gigov <colad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.4.x STATUS needs you!
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2017 06:02:08 GMT
On 12 December 2017 at 11:32, Stefan Eissing <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de>
wrote:

> Fellow Apache developers: if we want to make an X-mas 2.4 release for the
> people on this planet, the backports in STATUS need your attention:
>
> B2: mod_remoteip: Add PROXY protocol support
>   - needs 1 more vote!
>
> I find that trying to have both Proxy Protocol and the old remoteip
functionality in the same mod is harder to maintain. I propose that they be
split up before an official release.

I have not kept-up with the changes over the past few months on the matter,
but I do still have a patch for 2.4.29 that adds HTTPS-identifying headers
to the original mod_remoteip, that also affect the choice of VirtualHost.