httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject Re: [docs] mod_md documentation clarification
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2017 16:06:33 GMT

> Am 28.11.2017 um 16:40 schrieb Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com>:
>
> I'm reading the mod_md docs, and want some clarification on the following. In the docs
for directive ManagedDomain, we have:

Thanks for reviewing these.

> There are two special names that you may use in this directive: 'manual' and 'auto'.
This determines if a Managed Domain shall have exactly the name list as is configured ('manual')
or offer more convenience. With 'auto' all names of a virtual host are added to a MD.

> This is followed by an example that uses neither 'manual' nor 'auto', and thus it's unclear
what the above paragraph refers to.

I updated the section with an additional example and more explanation.

> I believe that it refers to the MDDriveMode directive, which does not appear in the example.
>
> I propose to patch the above paragraph to clarify that that's what's being talked about.
>

> Related: I also would like to question the wisdom of having a ManagedDomain directive
and a <ManagedDomain> container. This will most assuredly lead to user confusion and
lengthy IRC conversations. I would request that the naming of one of these directives be reconsidered.
(No, I'm not suggesting anything. I suck at naming things.)

I concur that you have more experience in supporting httpd users than myself. Personally,
I do like it obviously.

(I am biased and suck at renaming things.)

-Stefan