httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: We have soon 5 SVN repo's
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2017 22:27:33 GMT
On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 11:15 PM, Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@gmail.com> wrote:

> So one has to to know trunk if (s)he wants to be a code committer, I
> don't know any other project where it's different, changes always go
> to current first.

Well, I may have spoken too quickly here, there may be projects which
don't work like this, but in any case they'd better have a solid
frontporting procedure for the health of their trunk/master code I
guess.

> It's not a requirement for contributors though, patches on any version
> is always very welcome and will be back/font-ported as needed by a
> committer.

As a side note, frequent contributors to 2.4.x (only) are very likely
to know trunk code quite quickly, and are also very welcome if they
want to become committers.