httpd-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <>
Subject Re: [CLOSED] Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.28 as GA
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2017 15:47:59 GMT
On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 6:46 AM, Jim Jagielski <> wrote:
> With more than the required 3 +1 (binding) votes, and no
> vetos, I call this vote CLOSED with the result that
> the vote passes.
> I will start moving the artifacts for mirror sync and
> let's plan on announcing on Friday.

Uhm, why?

I understand you are travelling for conference, so someone else might
need to step up to broadcast the messages. But it only takes 24 hours
for all mirrors to catch up... why ask the community to wait till Friday?
E.g. jchampion stepped in last time I had to be AFK so we could push
out an announcement, I'm certain someone will step up.

Footnote - thank you for providing some extra time to hopefully identify
the mod_http2 load issues. Once identified and patched, and I'm happy
to tag 2.4.29 immediately, if you aren't available, so we can offer fewer
stress exceptions in this GA code.

View raw message