httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: backport patches
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2017 11:19:13 GMT
On 12 Oct 2017, at 11:50 AM, Stefan Eissing <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de> wrote:

> FYI: I just checked in a "patches" directory inside the 2.4.x branch. I hope it's not
picked up in a source distribution.

> If we keep patches for backports/hot-fixes here - instead of all over the world in not-secure
http: locations - it should give us tracking and easier use, I hope. I am not fixed on names
or structure here, just trying to keep patches where they belong and version them.

They definitely can’t go inside the v2.4.x branch, those branches are what we vote on when
we make a release, meaning every time we voted we would be voting to formally release those
patches at the same time.

Rather keep them in a separate branch outside of the httpd v2.4.x branch.

Regards,
Graham
—