httpd-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.28 as GA
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2017 17:19:19 GMT
On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 12:11 PM, Steffen <> wrote:
> On Windows it does not build out of the box.
> Missing modules/core include for mod_watchdog.h in
> mod_proxy_balancer.dsp/mak and libhttp.dsp/mak . Did not checked cmake.

Seems baffling, but it is pretty straightforward in hindsight.

libhttpd is built first before modules/*

libhttpd compiles in mod_so (alongside core, win32, mpm_winnt, and http.)

libhttpd starts by copying mod_so.h to include/, originally the only module,
just as the unix build had long done so when mod_so was enabled.
There was no need to /I modules/core with that header in include/

modules/core/mod_watchdog was added - but built as a loadable module.
The .h was neither copied to include/ nor was /I include/core added.

mod_heartbeat, mod_heartmonitor, mod_proxy_balancer and mod_proxy_hcheck
all include mod_watchdog; it makes more sense to copy this header as well,
rather than modify four projects. I'm a little confused how libhttpd would need
it itself, but that's where include copying should occur for now.

Fixed in r1810012

View raw message