httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Helmut K. C. Tessarek" <tessa...@evermeet.cx>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.28 as GA
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2017 17:10:02 GMT
On 2017-09-28 09:51, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Personally, I don't think the age or heritage of the build-logic is the issue,
> but rather a lack of people *really* testing 2.4.x until a release is tagged.
> It's for that reason that I tend to pre-announce a T&R well in advance of actually
> DOING the T&R so that people can test HEAD in hopes that the tag will already
> have had some good testing beforehand.

I have a question. Why are you tagging a release and do testing? Most of
the time a problem is found and a new release is tagged and it starts
over (I think the max was a 3 or 4 patch level jump).

Why not tagging an RC? People test the RC. When all is ok, the RC is
released. If not a new RC is tagged.

Cheers,
 K. C.

--
regards Helmut K. C. Tessarek              KeyID 0xF7832007C11F128D
Key fingerprint = 28A3 1666 4FE8 D72C CFD5 8B23 F783 2007 C11F 128D

/*
   await thee at its end.
*/