httpd-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: A little nit
Date Sun, 06 Aug 2017 06:07:20 GMT
+1.

As an alternative... an execute-on-read directive of ProxyBalancerPrecision
or similarly named directive (default 100, but drop or add decimals as
they will)
would let anyone add in or sub out a decimal.

My thought, taking away 1000 (3 decimal) from 2bn really wouldn't be a
hardship on any common config.

On Sat, Aug 5, 2017 at 2:34 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
> Sounds good to me :)
>
>> On Aug 4, 2017, at 9:02 PM, Jim Riggs <apache-lists@riggs.me> wrote:
>>
>>> On 3 Aug 2017, at 08:30, Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> It's just GUI magic... Basically, it will internally take '1.1' and
>>> convert it to 11, 1.0 to 10, etc...
>>
>> If that's the case, I would recommend going 2 decimal places (1.1 = 100, 1.25 = 125,
etc.) to allow using percentages. I could see people wanting to be able to favor a backend
by 25%, for example, by using 1.25. Any more than 2 decimal places could be rounded to 2.