httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject interaction mod_md <-> mod_ssl
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2017 11:53:06 GMT
Right now, mod_ssl picks up optional functions from mod_md in order to get certificates and
answer TLS SNI challenges. This would allow other TLS modules to integrate themselves with
mod_md also.

The alternative is to let mod_ssl offer more optional hooks which mod_md then adds its callbacks
to. That would allow for other credentials providers than mod_md, but then integration with
other TLS modules would suffer (I remember someone was asking here about that).

I am tempted to leave the dependency as is, but am not sure what people can make more with.
Opinions welcome!

-Stefan