httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Champion <champio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy_fcgi and flush
Date Sun, 09 Jul 2017 22:42:27 GMT
On Jul 8, 2017 6:14 PM, "Nick Kew" <niq@apache.org> wrote:

> > > It probably makes sense to work on a nonblocking architecture for
> > > proxied responses in general.

Is that really the issue in the first place?  We have a concept of
flushing, and can implement more finely-tuned throughput than merely
blocking vs non-blocking.  The point at issue is for PHP to communicate
a flush with proxy_fcgi, and for proxy_fcgi then to honour it.
It seems one or both of those things isn't happening.

Not sure yet, but based on Luca's note, I think there's a good chance that
my skim of the code gave me the wrong idea. If FPM sends a full message in
a flush (and I can't see why it wouldn't) this might be fixable with a
single FPM option.

--Jacob