httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: 2.4.27
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2017 14:50:25 GMT
On 06 Jul 2017, at 5:15 PM, Stefan Eissing <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de> wrote:

> This is not a bug, it is the collision of the processing models.
>
> So, I think disabling it prevent user from shooting themselves in the foot. If you are
on prefork, you'd want the 6 parallel HTTP/1.1 connections, not h2.

> Does this make sense?

It does, +1.

> PS. Yes, I know that one /could/ make parallel processes work in prefork by placing the
h2 dispatching in a parent process. If someone wants to implement that, be my guest.

I've looked at this in some detail. There are a number of limitations that need lifting in
the core, one of which is that connections need to be able to return EAGAIN. I have a plan
for this, but I am slammed right now.

Regards,
Graham
—