httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Champion <champio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1800835 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x: ./ CHANGES modules/lua/README modules/lua/config.m4 modules/lua/lua_apr.c modules/lua/lua_config.c modules/lua/lua_request.c modules/lua/mod_lua.c modules/lua/mod_lua.h
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2017 19:30:42 GMT
On 07/05/2017 11:19 AM, Jacob Champion wrote:
> So the effective change is that "apr_table" is no longer a global name,
> is that correct?

Unfortunately, from poking around on GitHub, it looks like removing this
global variable might break at least one production script [1]. Not
because they're using the function table, but because they key on its
existence to know they're talking to httpd.

In addition, here's code that used to work but no longer does:

     apr_table.set(r.headers_out, "X-Header", "value")

So... do we care? What are the compatibility guarantees we make for
mod_lua, since it's experimental?

--Jacob

[1] https://github.com/sailorproject/sailor/blob/master/src/sailor.lua#L31