httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: 2.4.27
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2017 13:13:48 GMT

Am 11.07.2017 um 14:55 schrieb David Zuelke:
> On 10. Jul 2017, at 16:04, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net> wrote:
>>
>> Am 06.07.2017 um 19:28 schrieb Jacob Champion:
>>> Administrators using prefork who would like to switch to HTTP/2 in the future
need to understand the limitations of the prefork architecture they have selected. And sure,
our users can request that we implement a solution that "just works" with prefork, with the
parent dispatcher that Stefan has mentioned, and we can weigh the cost/benefit of implementing
it. But IMO it's not that onerous to ask our users to upgrade to a modern MPM if they want
a nice new protocol

>> well, when i see how fragile the combination of httpd and php-fpm still is, thanks,
but no

>> Apache:
>> COMPATIBILITY: mod_proxy_fcgi: Revert to 2.4.20 FCGI behavior for the default ProxyFCGIBackendType,
fixing a regression with PHP-FPM. PR 61202

>> PHP:
>> Fixed bug #74738 (Multiple [PATH=] and [HOST=] sections not properly parsed).
>> https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=74738
>
> That PHP bug affects parsing of PHP-FPM's config file. It has nothing to do with the
FastCGI interface or its runtime behavior

fine, but i can't remember something similar in the past 15 years with
mod_php and that this makes it to stable releases when php-fpm is "the
new way to go" for a longer time is not the best sign