httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Champion <champio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1799356 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x: ./ server/scoreboard.c
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2017 17:00:35 GMT
On 06/20/2017 09:47 AM, wrowe@apache.org wrote:
> Log:
> Make the range test legible
Hmm, out of curiosity, is the legibility you mention from the
parenthesization change or the switch to greater-than-or-equal for one side?

<completely trivial nitpick>

I kind of like reading code that has all less-than comparisons, instead
of mixed less-than and greater-than, because it means the logic is
closer to the mathematics and the number line. For example,

0 < x < 5
becomes

y < 1 or 5 < y
becomes

This is not a big deal; I just feel like typing about something trivial
this morning. I realize the point of this patch is to fix the off-by-one.

</completely trivial nitpick>

--Jacob