httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1800306 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/mappers/mod_actions.c modules/proxy/mod_proxy_fcgi.c
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2017 15:37:52 GMT
Well, in 2.4.26 is WAS/IS an entry in notes available to modules,
and since we don't know who/what may not being using or expecting
it, and since it's useful info anyway and not a performance hit,
it seems "prudent" to me. But I'm fine either way.

> On Jun 30, 2017, at 11:28 AM, Jacob Champion <champion.p@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 06/30/2017 05:32 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> I still think that the below has value and should not be/have-been
>> reverted.
>
> I'm not arguing that it doesn't have value in theory, but IMO it doesn't belong in 2.4.x
without a client. Right now it's just dead code.

>> Anyone opposed to me re-adding it to trunk and removing it
>> from the backport proposal?
>
> Yes. Unless you have a use case for it at this moment, I'd prefer that it be re-backported
if and when that use case materializes, but I will defer to the majority here.