httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1782209 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/STATUS
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2017 10:46:36 GMT
On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 5:50 AM, Jim Jagielski <> wrote:
> Is there someplace a set of examples on This Is What PHP and PHP-FPM
> Expect These Values To Be?
> Like a whole slew of:
>      For request: /blag/futo/gtyj.php?qur=kjr
>      SCRIPT_NAME: Should be /gtyj.php
>      PATH_INFO Should be /blag/futo
>      PATH_TRANSLATED Should be /Home/Charlie/public_html/site/blag/futo/
> or whatever?
> I think until we have something like this, we will be constantly
> playing fetch-me-a-rock

The problem is that FPM has very ugly code to second-guess most of
these values based on other values and its own configuration.  I just
can't follow it.  But we know it worked for quite a long time.

We had not been fixing FPM compatibility for a very long time.  We got
into trouble because we tried to clean up some of the variables that
FPM was already using as markers to ID mod_proxy_fcgi and cleaning up

The first of the modern problems was an attempt to make the variables
consumable by non-FPM fcgi servers.    That's the intent of having the
ProxyFCGIBackendType (or whatever) so we can leave FPM input alone but
do a better job on variables where they can be more directly verified
without some overly complex layer second-guessing them.

Eric Covener

View raw message