httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1782209 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/STATUS
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2017 16:14:19 GMT
On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 11:07 AM, Jacob Champion <champion.p@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 02/08/2017 07:56 PM, Eric Covener wrote:
>>
>> Assuming there's some alternate path that actually does change
>> SCRIPT_NAME by default, we a) don't have any complaint about
>> SCRIPT_NAME and b) have the SetEnv thing.  If we want more options,
>> maybe we can stash this older SCRIPT_NAME into a new variable and show
>> how to copy it over SCRIPT_NAME?
>
>
> ...and restarting this conversation, since the new behavior seems to have a
> bug:
>
> https://bz.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=61202
>
> Can we do a quick fixup and reroll before it's too late?

Define reroll? too late?

I know what you mean by fixup, hopefully not so quick as to
overlook other tangential issues. But we never 're-roll', we
discard the candidate and roll the next version (this assures
that whomever has httpd-2.4.26.tar.gz in their hands has the
one and only one package of that name that was ever created.)
And 2.4.26 is released, announcement is away.

Would encourage us to wait at least a couple more days for
other, unrelated regression reports to filter in while fixing this
defect. But there is nothing stopping a 2.4.27 in rapid
succession, we simply don't retroactively  "retract" releases.

Mime
View raw message