httpd-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: An ask for eyes on proposal
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2017 18:51:50 GMT
[Again, using all the words]

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 12:30 PM, Daniel Ruggeri <druggeri@primary.net> wrote:
> Hi, all;
> With the proposal to T&R set for Monday, I wanted to draw attention to the
> PROXY protocol proposal in STATUS. Just hoping for a quick review. I know it
> appears to be a large change, but as I worked through the feedback, ten of
> the commits effectively got coded out. What we are left with is essentially
> just the donated code + safety around IPv6 + the ability to designate
> subnets that do not get PROXY processing.

The one change I've been considering is to expand this syntax;

RemoteIPProxyProtocol On|Off

RemoteIPProxyProtocol [On|Off|host|range [host|range]...]

Rather than rely on RemoteIPProxyProtocolExceptions (which
was a great addition, thank you), I like configuring systems
with whitelists rather than blacklists, when available. Although
it's nebulous which is the whitelist and which is the blacklist,
in this case :)