httpd-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1782209 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/STATUS
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2017 17:00:25 GMT
On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 11:17 AM, Jacob Champion <champion.p@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06/20/2017 09:16 AM, William A Rowe Jr wrote:
>>
>> It's released into the wild, what is done is done.
>

> Of course. But having it in the wild for three days is different than having
> it in the wild for six months.

Unless you are classifying this a security fix, it may prove to be
a less popular update given what we announced as fixed in 2.4.26.
The same isn't expected for 2.4.27, since some users prioritize
security updates and let others sit for a while, or undergo added
scrutiny for non-critical updates.

In any case, it will be in the wild for >3 days. It's at five days and
counting, if you tag and roll today. Vote is 72 hrs long, and we
always give our mirrors a day to catch up with us.

You must presume it is in the wild, and shortening the exposure
by a matter of days isn't significant. It just needs the appropriate
clear note in CHANGES with 2.4.27 so that users are prepared
for the change (or reversion).