httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject Re: Timeouts and other time-related granularity
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2017 13:12:51 GMT

> Am 20.06.2017 um 14:56 schrieb Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com>:
>
> Most of our time-related directives accept seconds as their
> parameters, but I'm thinking that allowing milliseconds is
> likely a better option... From what I can see, most of what
> would be interesting/useful to change are stored as interval/apr_time
> anyway, so there would be no real API/struct changes required.
>
> Thoughts? Comments?

+1

I would suggest a common duration syntax for better readability and a
common conversion util function. We can stick to seconds if it is
just a number, but allow fractions for millis etc. So

"1" is 1 second "0.001" is one millisecond, as is "1ms".
"1.5m" is 90 seconds, as is "1:30m"
"1:15h" is 75 minutes
"2:20:33.1h" is 140 minutes, 33 seconds and 100ms.
"1:60h" is invalid, as is "1:00:00m" and "1:00:00:00" etc.