httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Ideas from ApacheCon
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2017 13:19:08 GMT
space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" class="ApplePlainTextBody"><div class="ApplePlainTextBody"><br><blockquote
type="cite">On Jun 1, 2017, at 1:29 PM, Jim Riggs &lt;apache-lists@riggs.me&gt;
6 pointers instead of 3 or 10 instead of 5? We probably have some lower hanging fruit across
the request lifecycle code to increase performance than saving some arithmetic on a handful
seems that we add overhead during the<br>normal and nominal case (everybody is up and
available) and<br>that the overhead is worse the more workers we have. I am<br>personally
OK with abnormal situations being slower....<br><br>And yeah, I also have never
like the duplication that's inherent<br>in all the lbmethods, and so I really like it
being simplified.<br>But I could never figure out a way to remove that without making<br>it
more complex or slower. Last idea I had was to create some<br>sort of looping cpp MACRO