httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1782209 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/STATUS
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2017 17:12:19 GMT

> On Jun 20, 2017, at 1:03 PM, Jacob Champion <champion.p@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 06/20/2017 10:00 AM, William A Rowe Jr wrote:
>> You must presume it is in the wild, and shortening the exposure
>> by a matter of days isn't significant.
>
> My point is that we should fix it ASAP. Days vs. more days may not be significant, but
days vs. months is definitely significant when it comes to bug-compatibility and user expectations.

All this is, IMO, moot until we have a *patch*. Right now there
is a work-around, which, again IMO, reduces the "need" to release
something "now"... the only question is whether the patch changes
the behavior of the 2 current settings or whether it adds a 3rd
option (the latter is my recommendation).

And we should update ./t/modules/proxy_fcgi.t and maybe create
a test which runs if PHP is available.