httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Luca Toscano <toscano.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SSL Policy Definitions
Date Wed, 03 May 2017 12:20:30 GMT
Hi Graham,

> On 03 May 2017, at 2:01 PM, Stefan Eissing <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de>
> wrote:
>
> > We seem to all agree that a definition in code alone will not be good
> enough. People need to be able to see what is actually in effect.
>
> I think we’re overthinking this.
>
> We only need to document the settings that SSLSecurityLevel has clearly in
> our docs, and make sure that "httpd -L” prints out the exact details so no
> user need ever get confused.

I think that in this case documentation is not enough since it tends to
quickly fall behind dev commits, plus it would be great for a user to know
in a programatic way what are the runtime settings used for SSL (or just to
allow admin to manually check/review them).

> > If we let users define their own classes, it could look like this:
>
> Immediately we’ve jumped into functionality that is beyond Mr/Mrs Normal

True, even if the idea looks great I'd focus only on Mr/Mrs Normal for the
moment :)

Luca