httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Ideas from ApacheCon
Date Tue, 23 May 2017 16:22:00 GMT
On 23 May 2017, at 3:29 PM, Jim Riggs <apache-lists@riggs.me> wrote:

>>> Does that differ from "CacheQuickHandler OFF"?
>

> This one is a bit quirky and requires some investigation to see the edge cases. There
appear to be some situations where Require directives with `CacheQuickHandler off' do not
always take effect. Thus, items that have been cached will be served from the cache even if
access restrictions would otherwise disallow them.

> We will just need to do some more testing to see when -- and if -- this is actually occurring.
I stumbled across it while doing testing/prep for my talk, but did not investigate it thoroughly.
(It is entirely possible that I just messed something up in my config and didn't catch it...or
forgot a graceful...or something...)

> In my talk, I just told people to "be careful" with access control and CQF off.

When CacheQuickHandler is off, mod_cache acts as a normal content generator, and all normal
request handling - including the require directives - applies.

If there are cases where this doesn’t apply we need to investigate them and either fix them
or properly explain the behaviour.

Regards,
Graham
—