httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Gearls <nickgea...@gmail.com>
Subject mod_substitute debugging
Date Wed, 24 May 2017 13:56:46 GMT
I added some debugging features in mod_substitute, damned useful when
trying to troubleshoot things.
I'll propose a patch but I'd like your advise about when to log debug info:

I added the following info:
1. line to be parsed, type or search (regex/string), replace string
2. in case of matching, the new value

All logging of debugging info is in level TRACE8

Remark: the matching string/regex is compiled, so it's not available at
run-time.
I added this info in the subst_pattern_t struct - with a #ifdef _DEBUG
to not waste memory in release mode

My main question is: do I leave all logging in release mode (TRACE8
level) or do I also make this logging dependent on the compile flag?

Nick