httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Helmut K. C. Tessarek" <tessa...@evermeet.cx>
Subject header file distribution bug - ap_config_auto.h not private
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2017 01:44:24 GMT
Some of the typical autotools defines made it into the current package
and they interfere with one's own build process:

one example (there are 5 different occurrences):

In file included from /usr/local/apache/include/ap_config.h:138:0,
                 from /usr/local/apache/include/ap_provider.h:29,
                 from myfile.c:33:
/usr/local/apache/include/ap_config_auto.h:210:0: warning:
"PACKAGE_BUGREPORT" redefined [enabled by default]
 #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""

I checked out branch 2.4.x. After running ./buildconf the issue became
obvious:

grep -r PACKAGE_BUGREPORT *

configure:PACKAGE_BUGREPORT=
configure:PACKAGE_BUGREPORT
configure:#define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "$PACKAGE_BUGREPORT"
include/ap_config_auto.h.in:#undef PACKAGE_BUGREPORT
modules/http2/h2_config.h:#undef PACKAGE_BUGREPORT
modules/http2/h2_version.h:#undef PACKAGE_BUGREPORT
srclib/apr/configure:PACKAGE_BUGREPORT=
srclib/apr/configure:PACKAGE_BUGREPORT
srclib/apr/configure:#define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "$PACKAGE_BUGREPORT"
srclib/apr/include/arch/unix/apr_private.h.in:#undef PACKAGE_BUGREPORT

ap_config_auto.h is not a private header that is excluded from the dist
tarball.

The header file ap_config_auto.h should never, ever be distributed.
(Or included from another header file unless Apache httpd itself is built.)

There are a few options to fix this, but I don't know how you want to
handle this.

Since you work with the build system every day, I'm sure you know the
best way to implement a fix.

Cheers,
 K. C.

--
regards Helmut K. C. Tessarek
lookup http://sks.pkqs.net for KeyID 0xC11F128D

/*
   Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer for chaos and madness    await
thee at its end.
*/