httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Evgeny Kotkov <>
Subject Re: The drive for 2.4.26
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2017 16:24:47 GMT
Jim Jagielski <> writes:

> Let's shoot for a 2.4.26 within the next handful of
> weeks. There are some entries in STATUS that could
> use some love and attention, and I'm hoping/pushing
> for a Brotli[1] release so we can fold *that* capability
> in as well.
> 1.

I noticed that the current mod_brotli backport proposal lacks a couple of
changes that allow building against the official repository.  I think that
the core change (excluding the docs) should be:

For the convenience, here is a shortlog for these changes:

    r1761714: Add initial implementation.

    r1761824: Unbreak building other filter modules without libbrotlienc.

    r1762512: Allow compression ratio logging with new BrotliFilterNote

    r1762515: Handle new 'no-brotli' internal environment variable that
    disables Brotli compression for a particular request.

    r1771789: Rewrite the autoconf script in a, hopefully, less convoluted way.
    This lays the groundwork to simplify the switch to the official Brotli

    r1771791: Explicitly cast 'const uint8_t *' to 'const char *' when using
    the data received from Brotli to create a bucket.

    r1771827: Update makefiles to use the library layout of the official
    Brotli repository.

    r1779077: Unused variable error could mistakenly note that brotli isn't

    r1779111: Update makefile to cope with the pkg-config layout change

    r1779700: Save a few bytes and a few cycles.

    r1790852: Update makefile to allow using Brotli library >= 0.6.0.

    r1790853: Fix a minor typo in the description of BrotliAlterETag
    that has been referring to httpd 2.2.x.

    r1790860: Comment on the default choice (0) for BROTLI_PARAM_LGBLOCK.

Evgeny Kotkov

View raw message