httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1707087 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/debugging/mod_bucketeer.c
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2017 09:46:42 GMT
On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Stefan Eissing
<stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de> wrote:

>> Am 26.04.2017 um 11:14 schrieb Plüm, Rüdiger, Vodafone Group <ruediger.pluem@vodafone.com>:

I don't think that EOR before EOS can happen in HTTP/1, because
ap_finalize_request_protocol() is always called before
ap_process_request_after_handler().

EOS is the signal for request filters to get out of the way, so this
is probably what ap_request_core_filter() should do too, and the
purpose of the attached patch.
This patch could use EOR instead, but I find EOS more "semantically"
correct for a request filter (we don't need to set aside anything
after it), while EOR would be crash safe only...

Jacob, does it work better?

Regards,
Yann.