httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Browder <tom.brow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: APr Utils and PostgreSQL
Date Sun, 09 Apr 2017 11:16:34 GMT
On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 18:34 Nick Kew <niq@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 2017-04-08 at 16:43 -0500, Tom Browder wrote:
>
> > config.log
> >
> >   https://gist.github.com/tbrowder/2878124ad5fc35cb71a65a38e2950583
>
> OK, where did you read that --with-pgsql would work with HTTPD's
> configure?  If it's anywhere at apache.org, we have a docs bug.
> You need to build apr-util with pgsql!  Or use your distro package.

With all due respect, Nick, the build and installation docs need some
work.  Some time ago, when I first started building httpd, the included
build seemed to be the way to go. That implied, at least to me, that
configuration options passed to httpd would get passed to apr and
apr-util.  Otherwise, how does sqlite3 get built in my case (and how does
pgsql NOT get built)?

Best regards,

-Tom

P.S.  I have loved the httpd macro capability and hope the warnings about
undefined defs at first touch wll get fixed before I die. I offered to help
if someone would just help me get started but got no response. I am no
expert, but I have contributed much significant C and C++ code to BRL-CAD (
brlcad.org) whose code is probably as hard to dive into as yours.  There
people willing to help are eased into the project while getting to learn
their way around.  I know there is much resistance to changing to C++ in
large C projects, but starting a gradual transition to C++ has helped to
get new contributors there as well as helping to get the code base better
organized.