httpd-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <>
Subject Re: The drive for 2.4.26
Date Sat, 29 Apr 2017 17:56:27 GMT
On Apr 29, 2017 12:16 PM, "Gregg Smith" <> wrote:

Once APR 1.6 is released my plan is to make the change permanent next 2.4.x
then making the need for that conversion unneeded.

Openssl 1.0.2 is good till sometime in 2019, even 1.1.0 eol's before it
does so we're stuck w/ modifying the dsp files one way or another.

I prefer that do exactly the same thing moving forwards so
someone who just built 3 mos ago can repeat the exercise, and only someone
building OpenSSL 1.1.0 needs to because the are seeking the new

So no action on that needed now, but I'd like to discourage us from
inverting this all in the later patch you suggest during 2.4.x lifecycle.

View raw message