httpd-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: mpm_winnt lingering close
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2017 15:00:58 GMT
On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 9:35 AM, Stefan Eissing
<stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de> wrote:
> well, your change just reverses the order of check and call. far be it from me to say
what is better.  just wanted to point that out.

You scared me :) (I thought I had flipped fetching and testing the
disconnected flag for a moment there.)

Right now, httpd doesn't actually disconnect sockets. TransmitFile
will disconnect sockets. So a socket should only be recycled if there
is no lingering close and the last bucket could be transmitted as a
file. With Windows 7+ It's possible for us to support DisconnectEx()
in APR. I suspect it is a no-op today and potentially a problem down
the road.