httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Champion <champio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fixing more OpenSSL callback crashes
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2017 00:16:38 GMT
On 04/10/2017 03:59 PM, Jacob Champion wrote:
> So it looks like my test program might still be a possible solution for
> detecting whether we need a callback at configure time, unless anyone
> knows of a platform where two thread-local errnos can have the same
> address some of the time and different addresses at other times...

I've checked my first attempt into trunk. It writes the result into the
new AP_OPENSSL_USE_ERRNO_THREADID macro in ap_config_auto.h. On
platforms where every thread has its own errno address, that macro will
be #defined to 1.

Rainer, would you mind sanity-checking the result on your Solaris box
(sounds like the test should *not* pass there)? I've tested on Ubuntu
16.04, where the test passes.

If there's anyone else who wouldn't mind updating and posting their
platform and test result, that would really help me figure out how
widespread the "problem" is. Remember to rebuild configure first! :)

--Jacob