httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject mod_http2 v1.10.0
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2017 11:19:42 GMT
Hi there,

a new version of mod_http2 has been backported to 2.4.x and there is also a github release,
as usual: https://github.com/icing/mod_h2/releases/tag/v1.10.0

I rewrote some key parts of scheduling and slave connection handling for better performance.
It shows good results. However it needs more testing than just by myself. If you have a HTTP/2
setup where you can risk it, please give it a try. The github builds against a 2.4.25 server,
so you do not need to got totally into the unknown. Thanks!

-Stefan

PS. I plan to write a blog about it, but the basic store is in this picture.  This is hammering
localhost with a list of 180 urls over and over with h2load. Most interesting are the changes
to the green bars. The yellow shows that there is still a large gap between what HTTP/1.1
can do on 6 connections compared to HTTP/2 on a single one. But we're getting closer.