httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: APr Utils and PostgreSQL
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2017 16:06:52 GMT

Am 07.04.2017 um 17:53 schrieb Tom Browder:
> On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 10:11 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net> wrote:
>>

>> Am 07.04.2017 um 17:06 schrieb Tom Browder:
>>>
>>> On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 09:53 Jordan Gigov <coladict@gmail.com
>>> <mailto:coladict@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>>      The =DIR parameter is optional. If you have the libpq-dev package
>>>      installed, it should find it automatically.
>>>
>>> I do have the dev package installed, but it didn't find it.  In the
>>> interim, would creating a pkg-config pc file and pointing DIR at it work?
>>

>> http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#beprecise
>>
>> why don't you tell in your first post relevant informations?
>>
>> * exact os version
>> * installed packages
>> * complete ./configure line
>> * complete output of ./configure
>
> Okay.
>
>> "I do have the dev package installed" 4 posts later - seriously?
>
> Well, mea culpa, but I didn't think of it since it's so basic, sorry.

yes, that's all basic, hnce it works everywhere but in your case

> Packages  with postgresql in their name:
>
> $ aptitude search postgres | grep ^i
> i A postgresql-client-common        - manager for multiple PostgreSQL client ver
> i A postgresql-common               - PostgreSQL database-cluster manager
> i A postgresql-server-dev-9.4       - development files for PostgreSQL 9.4 serve
> i   postgresql-server-dev-all       - extension build tool for multiple PostgreS

looks good, i guess debian has a weird naming sicne it's the client
libraries you link against

>    https://gist.github.com/tbrowder/451e0f735bd281dde6694f189b8f6d61

https://gist.github.com/tbrowder/451e0f735bd281dde6694f189b8f6d61

don't show any errors and postgresql is stattet with yes
so what is your *problem*
hecking postgresql/libpq-fe.h usability... yes
checking postgresql/libpq-fe.h presence... yes
checking for postgresql/libpq-fe.h... yes

main question: why in the world are you building from source?
https://packages.debian.org/jessie/libaprutil1-dbd-pgsql