httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: listener buckets regressions
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2017 12:20:38 GMT
On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 05:47:53PM +0200, Yann Ylavic wrote:
> Is the failure really expected w/o listener buckets?
> It happens on bind ("Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock"),
> which is indeed not an issue with SO_REUSEPORT.
>
> I want to fix the leak of course but I wonder if we should:
> 1. ignore duplicated Listen directives for the ListenCoresBucketsRatio
> > 0 case only,
> 2. ignore duplicated Listen directives in any case,
> 3. fail in any case.

I like your r1789220 because it makes a startup time failure a config
time failure, which is good... but things like:

Listen localhost:8025
Listen 127.0.0.1:8025

do not appear to get caught by that test.  I wonder if accurately
duplicating the bind() conflict detection is going to feasible/sensible,
and maybe we should still warn in the docs that SO_REUSEPORT is special
here.

Regards, Joe