httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: APr Utils and PostgreSQL
Date Sun, 09 Apr 2017 11:32:17 GMT

Am 09.04.2017 um 13:16 schrieb Tom Browder:
> On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 18:34 Nick Kew <niq@apache.org
> <mailto:niq@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>     On Sat, 2017-04-08 at 16:43 -0500, Tom Browder wrote:
>
>      > config.log
>      >
>      > https://gist.github.com/tbrowder/2878124ad5fc35cb71a65a38e2950583
>
>     OK, where did you read that --with-pgsql would work with HTTPD's
>     configure?  If it's anywhere at apache.org <http://apache.org>, we
>     have a docs bug.
>     You need to build apr-util with pgsql!  Or use your distro package.
>
> With all due respect, Nick, the build and installation docs need some
> work.  Some time ago, when I first started building httpd, the included
> build seemed to be the way to go. That implied, at least to me, that
> configuration options passed to httpd would get passed to apr and
> apr-util.  Otherwise, how does sqlite3 get built in my case (and how
> does pgsql NOT get built)?

no distribution out there is using the bundeled apr for good reasons

1: build and install apr
2: build and install apr-util which uses apr
3: build httpd

https://www.apache.org/dist/apr/
https://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/

[builduser@testserver:/rpmbuild/PHP-PGO]$ cd /rpmbuild/SPECS/
[builduser@testserver:/rpmbuild/SPECS]$ ls | grep apr
-rw-r----- 1 builduser builduser 3,4K 2017-03-16 12:49 apr.spec
-rw-r----- 1 builduser builduser 4,2K 2017-03-16 12:49 apr-util.spec

[builduser@testserver:/rpmbuild/SPECS]$ ls | grep httpd
-rw-r----- 1 builduser builduser  20K 2017-02-20 04:54 httpd.spec

and for start building software you should look how your distribution
does it, on Redhat systems you have the src,rpm packages and the spec
files contain very clear BuildRequires and you should vene use that
spec-files and modify them for your needs as start