httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Frank Meier <frank.me...@ergon.ch>
Subject Re: blocking listener thread during SSL shutdown
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2017 07:07:46 GMT
On 12/04/17 21:30, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
> A debug build which states the line numbers would be more helpful here. What I can conclude
so far by looking at the
> code is that it does not wait on the client to sent something but that it does wait on
the socket to accept data for
> sending.
> So possibly the problem will go away if you fiddle around a little bit with the SendBufferSize.
Unfortunately I do no longer have access to the system, so we would have
to stick to a theoretical approach :-(. Maybe an increase in
SendBufferSize would mitigate the Issue, but in my opinion the code
should be written that it could not block even the send buffer is full.
Or The listener thread should dispatch the closing to a worker thread,
so it gets not distracted from handling new connections.

Frank Meier
Senior Software Engineer

--
frank.meier@ergon.ch, Phone: +41 44 268 87 35
Ergon Informatik AG, Merkurstrasse 43, CH-8032 Z├╝rich

e r g o n smart people - smart software