httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Champion <champio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RFC] <IfDirective>?
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2017 00:32:33 GMT
On 02/28/2017 04:09 PM, Eric Covener wrote:
> But even if it wasn't, you'd also have to be interested in one being
> available when the other isn't, for it to affect <IfDirective>

Right. My concern is mostly for the following situation:

- module author provides a ModuleDirective in v1
- author realizes that a block version of said directive would make a
lot of sense
- author releases <ModuleDirective> in v2
- everyone eventually figures out, after wailing and gnashing of teeth,
that they can't use <IfDirective> to differentiate between the two

I definitely don't think this will be common. I just don't like
hamstringing a nice new directive with what's effectively a (rare) bug.

--Jacob