httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Champion <champio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1785116 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x: ./ modules/lua/config.m4
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 17:41:22 GMT
On 03/06/2017 04:36 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> On Mar 3, 2017, at 2:03 PM, Jacob Champion <champion.p@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> To try to clear up what's going on: Ubuntu's (and as I understand
>> it, Debian's) version of liblua5.3 has not been compiled with some
>> of the optional 5.1/2 compatibility APIs. mod_lua relies on them,
>> and it won't load when compiled against liblua5.3 on my machine.
>
> So config.m4 should look for that API then, right?

Yup. I don't think it's *quite* as easy as just looking for the _openlib
call, since that's an implementation detail (the compatibility APIs are
macros on some versions of Lua, I think). Let me take a crack at it.

On 03/06/2017 04:35 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> On Mar 3, 2017, at 2:03 PM, Jacob Champion <champion.p@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> That would work if I'd compiled Lua myself and installed into a
>> separate prefix, but on my machine all the lua versions are right
>> next to each other in the same prefix. So 5.3 will still take
>> precedence.
>
> Can you provide a directory listing...? I'm not sure what the above
> means...

Sure. Here are the relevant files/directories on Ubuntu 16.04:

   /usr/include/lua5.1
   /usr/include/lua5.2
   /usr/include/lua5.3
   /usr/lib/<arch>/liblua5.1.so[.0.0.0]
   /usr/lib/<arch>/liblua5.2.so[.0.0.0]
   /usr/lib/<arch>/liblua5.3.so[.0.0.0]

They're all installed under the same prefix (/usr). So I can't override
configure's choice of lua version -- it will find 5.3 and use it.

(Which I'm perfectly okay with in general, as long as it works. :D
That's the only reason I thought this was veto-worthy -- it's currently
forcing the use of a library that breaks.)

--Jacob