httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: json, rather sooner than later
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2017 13:31:33 GMT
On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 9:26 AM, Stefan Eissing
<stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de> wrote:
> Ok, if I understand you right, this we would add as an external dependency,
> detected via configure and friends and used from a new module. Then linking
> in a MIT API should be just fine.
>
> But how about using JSON in Apache core? How would we do that? Do we have to
> build then smth on our own in order to have it available on all platform, a
> non-optional part for others to build on?

There are probably multiple options / patterns to follow.

ldap stuff in mod_ldap (util_ldap.c)
xml stuff in apr-util
pcre wrapped by ap_*

One motivation to do more than just detect/link would be to get it to
use pools in a clean/consistent way.
Another might be namespacing it.

--
Eric Covener