httpd-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Status of 2.4.x-openssl-1.1.0-compat/ ?
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2017 18:45:54 GMT
Six months ago, rjung forked 2.4.x and began to backport our
compatibility fixes for OpenSSL 1.1.0. Today, from the state of
trunk, it seems the compatibility efforts look very good and are
nearly ready to apply to 2.4.x.  That branch-point was here;

Since that time, there are two patches to this work branch
by jorton that I just don't understand...

Joe, would you explain the purpose of these patches, and/or the
intended way we are expected to test and evaluate the cumulative
backport effort? I would have expected to simply apply the following
to httpd/2.4.x branch...

svn merge -r1755809:HEAD
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x-openssl-1.1.0-compat/

... but I don't think I really understand how you intended this compat
branch to be merged, since that merge command would seem to
double-apply the interim changes to 2.4.x that were part of these
commits.

Any insight on how to interpret this branch and apply to 2.4.x branch
is appreciated.

TIA,

Bill