httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: json, rather sooner than later
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2017 15:14:16 GMT

> On 31 Mar 2017, at 13:51, Stefan Eissing <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de> wrote:
>
> Hey, I'm currently evaluating some addition to httpd that needs to parse/serialize JSON.

> I know not everyone is a fan of that format, but some protocols do require it (I try
> spare us a discussion about "better" formats :-).
>
> Does anyone have ideas/preferences about bringing JSON into httpd (and eventually into
> the APR at some later point in time)? I have not found a good lib that is available
> everywhere. Several have MIT license, but I think we cannot somehow bring those under
> the Apache umbrella, right?
>
> If anyone has a recommendation or more experience in this then me, I'd be glad for any
> guidance.
>
> -Stefan

+1 to a JSON module.

Not sure if there’s mileage in abstracting JSON parsers: when I last looked,
each had its own data models at a higher level than could be usefully unified.
But I’m open to persuasion.

I did some work on this, albeit for a subset of JSON required by a particular project.
I’ll try & dig that up, to see if there’s anything worth salvaging.

—
Nick Kew