httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: Problems using Apache::Test on Debian (and Ubuntu)
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 20:23:03 GMT
On Friday, 3 March 2017 22:59:10 CET Sam Tregar wrote:
> Hello all.  I've been working on getting Apache::Test running on Debian and
> it's not going well.  One problem seems to be that Debian's system Apache
> conf is not named what Apache::Test thinks it should be named (apache2.conf
> vs httpd.conf).
>
> After solving that problem I hit a bigger one - the system apache2.conf
> file shipped with Debian is quite peculiar.  It requires numerous
> environment variables (i.e. APACHE_RUN_DIR, APACHE_USER, etc) which are set
> in apache2ctl.

These are set in /etc/apache2/envvars. You should simply source that file
before running the test suite. Also, you can pass another config file name to
the test suite. Maybe this helps:

https://sources.debian.net/src/apache2/2.4.25-3/debian/tests/run-test-suite/

(Though this is a rather quick and dirty hack that was done to get the test
suite included in the next Debian stable release).

> Worse, it doesn't define a ServerRoot and neither does apxs
> have a value for prefix.

I have done this patch to Apache::Test:

That seems to take care of most warnings about apxs.