httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject Re: mod_http2 file uploads slow/broken?
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2017 19:14:30 GMT
Hi Sander,

from the logs, I think you are running into PR 59348 which was fixed in v1.8.11.

The bug was that during graceful restart, ongoing streams were not finished. This restart
could also happen, I think, if you have configured a max number of connections or requests
per process, for example with MaxConnectionsPerChild. If that is the case, you can set this
to 0 and see if the upload still fails.

More interesting would be to know if the current github version has the problem still. With
the fix, I hope it finishes the ongoing h2 requests before the process exits.

As to the speed: it is as I described earlier, the data is written in too small chunks to
the request processing thread. That needs to be improved for sure.

Thanks for testing, awaiting your results. If you need help with building the github version,
please let me know.

Cheers,

Stefan

Stefan Eissing