httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [RFC] <IfDirective>?
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 10:29:41 GMT
On Tue, Mar 07, 2017 at 11:52:17AM -0800, Jacob Champion wrote:
> On 02/28/2017 04:32 PM, Jacob Champion wrote:
> > I just don't like hamstringing a nice new directive with what's
> > effectively a (rare) bug.
>
> (The conversation kinda died shortly after I said this. That was not my
> intent -- I like this directive a lot. Whether the consensus is to keep the
> corner case, or introduce a new <IfSection> or <IfContainer>, or make the
> arg quotable, or whatever. I don't mean to be throwing up roadblocks.)

Sorry, taking my time here, and I appreciate all the feedback.
Definitely happier to debate it and get it right than be lumbered with
annoying edge cases forever.

I did the refactoring in r1785943, so third iteration attached has both
<IfDirective X> and <IfSection Y>.  I'd have been fine with either
previous iteration, but this does make sense to me.

Final call for yay/nay?

Regards, Joe