httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_http2 and Frequent wake-ups for mpm_event
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2017 00:19:13 GMT
Hi Stefan,

On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 7:51 PM, Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG
<s.priebe@profihost.ag> wrote:

> tested your patch against mod_ssl. I haven't seen any pool crashes again
> so it seems to fix this issue.
>
> But two new ones:

Possibly a promising fix suggested (in another thread) by yet another
talented Stefan :)
He has spotted a possible issue in mpm_event which could affect mainly
mod_http2.
I applied his suggestion in the attached patch, and did some
extrapolation for similar code in mod_h2 (so all possible errors are
mine...).
Would you test this one please?

@icing: I changed the parent pool of the slave connection from the
mplx pool to the master connection's (ptrans), just to simplify the
allocators in place for now.
I don't see it was needed from a concurrency POV, but if you wanted to
avoid locking when creating slaves' pool we can probably keep the
dedicated allocator finally (to reduce possible contention on
ptrans->mutex? No mutex needed I think since mplx doesn't seem to have
other subpools. Trade off with memory consumption, though).

Regards,
Yann.