httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: httpd 2.4.25, mpm_event, ssl: segfaults
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2017 22:03:42 GMT
On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 9:50 PM, Jacob Champion <champion.p@gmail.com> wrote:

> For the next step, I want to find out why TLS connections see such a big
> performance hit when I switch off mmap(), but unencrypted connections
> don't... it's such a huge difference that I feel like I must be missing
> something obvious.

First, you did "EnableSendfile off", right?

Assuming so :) there is also the fact that mod_ssl will encrypt/pass
8K buckets at a time, while the core output filter tries to send the
whole mmap()ed file, keeping what remains after EAGAIN for the next
call (if any).
That's I think a big difference too, especially on localhost or a
fast/large bandwidth network.

Regards,
Yann.