httpd-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [2.2 PATCH] fix HttpProtocolOptions (etc) merging
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2017 18:39:17 GMT
On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 10:16 AM, Joe Orton <jorton@redhat.com> wrote:

> FYI, since I've seen people thinking seriously about test suites, this
> kind of issue is impossible to test comprehensively with the current
> test framework. We really need to spin up httpd multiple times with
> different configurations, to test different combinations of global to
> vhost merges with default vs non-default options.
>
> (If there is some way to do that with the current test suite, I'd be
> interested to hear anyway.)

The headache is that testing anything more complex than loopback
implies you kick off a remote with -server and then pound on that
remote it from the client/framework.

Perhaps if we spun up parallel instances in the same port-ordered
manner, but those instances were truly distinct configs? (These need
distinct var/ directories/pid files etc, of course.)