httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [RFC] <IfDirective>?
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2017 10:47:02 GMT
On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 02:28:52PM -0800, Jacob Champion wrote:
> I haven't tried your patch yet, but from inspection it looks like you'd have
> to do something like this if you're looking for a <Directive>:
>
>     <IfDirective "<IfFile">
>
> (Note the missing closing angle bracket in the argument.) Assuming I've read
> that correctly, should we add some sugar to allow "<Directive>" to be fully
> bracketed in the argument?

It actually only works like:

   <IfDirective <IfFile>

which is a bit ugly. Quoting the argument is a syntax error. Not sure
how best to handle this.

(a) ignore the problem, i.e. allow above syntax
(b) for <IfDirective foo> match both "foo" and "<foo".
(c) also add "<ifsection X>" or "<ifcontainer X>" which match
only against container type directives, and explicitly reject a leading
"<" in IfDirective

... or something else?

(In core.c the start_if* code is mostly common across all the functions
and I think can be factored out, so it's possible to make core.c
simpler/smaller net of even two more container directives.)

Regards, Joe