httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Ruggeri <DRugg...@primary.net>
Subject Re: Autobuild Progress (was Re: Automated tests)
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2017 01:39:14 GMT
I'm tremendously inspired by this work. What are your thoughts on the
idea of having a series of docker container builds that compile and run
the test suite on various distributions? I'll volunteer to give this a
whack since it's something that's been in the back of my mind for a long
while...

I think with the work you've done and plan to do, a step like above to
increase our ability to test against many distributions all at once (and
cheaply) and also making the test framework more approachable, we could
seriously increase our confidence when pulling the trigger on a release
or accepting a backport.

P.S.

I'm also a big fan of backports requiring tests, but am honestly
intimidated by the testing framework...

--
Daniel Ruggeri